AFEX Accountant Job in South Sudan
AFEX, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 20 plus years of regional operational experience.
AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind their projects run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
Job Summary: The Accountant is responsible for financial statements and reporting controls for AFEX operations in South Sudan.
The Accountant provides financial information support to the General Manager and other departmental heads.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a range of accounting activities including general ledger, Cashbook, Accounts receivables and Accounts payables.
The person will also be involved in various reconciliations, preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit. This is an individual contributor position, with opportunity for growth and development within the large finance department.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Financial Controller with significant interaction with the Afex Sudan G.M.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining accurate financial accounts and summarizing current financial status by gathering information; preparing balance sheet, income statement, and other reports.
• Ensure complete capturing and reporting of revenue.
• Assist in follow up of accounts receivables and ensuring that debtor’s balances remain current.
• Preparation of schedules to support tax compliance & disclosure requirements.
• Posting of activity to the general ledger, including monthly accruals.
• Preparation of month-end, quarterly and year-end closing entries.
• Assist the Finance Controller in the daily banking requirements.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of pay transactions.
• Credit control and management of accounts receivables.
• Code and post purchase ledger invoices.
• Perform supplier statement reconciliations
• Ensure staff expenses are processed in line with current Expenses Policy
• Ensure company credit card expense claims are processed accurately and reconciled regularly
• Act as custodian of the petty cash float
• Prepare payment runs (bank transfers and cheques).
• Work closely with external suppliers and help resolve any upcoming issues.
• Contribute to the Accounts Payable team’s performance by ensuring that no backlogs occur and that the Accounts Payable Manager is fully informed of all potential problem situations
• Account analysis and reconciliation, to include bank statements, inter-company general ledger accounts and balance sheet accounts.
• Monitoring and maintenance of recording and reporting fixed assets and related depreciation.
• Evaluation and maintenance of internal controls relating to the camps including the validation of supporting documentation, accuracy of information received, completeness of transactions, maintenance of accounting records, and physical security of assets.
• Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Collaborate with the other accountants in the group to support overall department goals and objectives.
• KPI and cash flow management.
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Skills and Competences:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Ability to multitask and stay calm when under pressure.
• Good organization and problem solving skills.
• Computer literacy with vast knowledge in MS Office.
• Knowledge in sage will be an added advantage
• Accurate and attentive to detail.
• Must have 3 years’ experience doing a similar job
• University Graduate in Accounting or Finance
• Must have CPA-K
• Ability to train other staff
• Willingness to work and relocate to Juba- South Sudan.
To apply, send your C.V only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant) to email@example.com by Thursday 5th November, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note, this position is available in the republic of South Sudan and the successful candidate should be willing to relocate to Sudan.
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date