Accounting Clerk / Secretary
Khartoum - Airport
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs various accounting functions and secretarial duties. Authorises various financial commitments according to established procedures. Verifies, analyses and records accounting transactions using automated financial systems. Investigates and follows-up on discrepancies or other accounting and administrative matters as required. Types documents, answers telephone, receives visitors, updates information systems, and maintains files.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Types various documents such as correspondence, manuscripts, reports, grant proposals, statistical tables, administrative forms and lists. Following instructions, arranges for publication of materials, such as the departmental handbook, web pages and publicity brochures. Formats according to specifications using standard computer applications. Proofreads for grammar and spelling. Composes routine correspondence.
2. Ensures that all accounting documents conform with company standards with regard to required authorisations, accuracy of calculations, completeness of supporting documentation, and ensures the availability of funds.
3. Prepares and records accounting transactions and ensures that allocation to accounts is accurate. Opens new accounts as required. Generates reports and account statements and reviews for accuracy. According to instructions, prepares reports on certain budget accounts. Makes corrections according to area of activities and level of responsibility. Performs various analyses and reconciliations of accounts as required.
4. Receives, screens, directs and makes telephone calls; takes and relays messages. Arranges meetings and contacts participants regarding time, place and general purpose of the meeting. When requested, schedules and arranges appointments and makes travel arrangements.
5. Performs data entry and produces lists and reports using appropriate software. Keeps up to date with and implements standard computer applications. May act as a resource person for standard office software.
6. Analyses different accounting or payroll files and makes any required changes. Opens new files as required.
7. Authorises or refuses financial commitments according to established procedures. Calculates, prepares and records disbursements and flow of funds and completes required documents. Performs cashier functions. Collects cash received in areas of the unit. Verifies deposits and taxes.
8. Prepares journal entries. Records entries in general ledger.
9. Communicates with suppliers, clients, or any other persons in order to give or obtain information related to area of activities.
10. Completes various administrative forms in relation to area of activity and, as required, sends to other administrative units or external organisations. Carries out routine administrative tasks such as taking inventory of and ordering office supplies, returning merchandise, and issuing keys. Reserves rooms for courses and seminars and other events, and books equipment and other services; makes changes when requested and/or necessary.
11. Organises filing system for documents within area of activity.
12. Notifies supervisor of any anomaly, situation or particular problem and, as necessary, proposes changes or improvements to the work flow within the unit.
13. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
1. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 60 wpm. Visibility of work requires attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, and discretion with confidential information.
3. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
4. Excellent command of English and Arabic
To apply, send CV and Cover Letter via email to email@example.com
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date