Assistant Field Officer
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement (Within/Outside UNHCR Offices)
Vacancy Notice No. 15/HCR/KRT/VN/064
Title of Post: Assistant Field Officer
Post Number: 10019515
Closing Date: 11/1/2016
Accountability (Key result that will be achieved)
1. UNHCR's policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR)
2. The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analyzed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity(AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
Responsibility (Process and functions under taken to achieve results)
- Assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate projects submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Reported and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- In co-ordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic Project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Law, Political Sciences or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
Submission of Applications:
This vacancy is open for qualified Sudanese national ONLY. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Late applications will not be considered.
For Internal Candidates (UNHCR - holders of IND and FTL)
When applying please refer to UNHCR Policy and Procedures on Assignment of Locally recruited staff (PPAL) IOM/049/FOM/050/2012 dated 18 June 2012.
Staff member who wish to be considered for this vacancy notice should send their application consist of motivation letter, updated Fact Sheet and/or Personal History Form (P11)
to the Human Resources Officer, via email SUDKH-HR@unhcr.org indicating position title, number and location on the subject line.
Due to the volume of applications only short-listed candidates will notified. A written exam may be administered when applicable.
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date