This vacancy is fixed-term for six months
The total salary package for this position is £39,384 - £42,972 per annum (circa $64,900 - $70,800 USD) including basic salary, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance
MAG has been working in South Sudan since 2004, working to clear landmines/unexploded ordnance and deliver mine risk education to at-risk populations. Physical security and stockpile management (PSSM) is an expanding area of MAG’s work in South Sudan. The aim is to decrease the risk of weapons proliferation and accidental explosions.
► MAG in South Sudan
MAG is seeking a Construction Manager who will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of a construction project, aimed at the rehabilitation and construction of an ammunitions storage area.
This position is challenging and varied and responsibilities will include staff and budget management, coordination of logistics and procurement and the coordination of third party contractors. The successful candidate will need previous experience of managing complex construction projects on time and within budget, ideally within a developing country.
You should also have substantial knowledge of the development and evaluation of engineering design and construction contracts, bills of quantities and specifications. In addition, the post-holder will need a professional qualification in construction, engineering or architecture.
Areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so applicants will need to be able to deal with living and working in challenging environments.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits, both financial and non-financial:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £39,384 - £42,972 pa (circa $64,900 - $70,800 USD) *Please see the general information for terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. For hardship programmes, such as South Sudan, staff are also entitled to an additional 10 days leave. This entitlement will be pro-rated to the length of the contract.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year. For a six-month contract, the postholder will be entitled to one leave flight.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: personal accident and medical expenses insurance; death by natural causes insurance; and access to 24-hour medical assistance, including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
Application is by submission of a completed application form. This document should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 16 February 2014.
Click for the Job Description
Click for the Person Specification
Click for General Information about the post
Click below for the Application Form
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date