Country Finance and Administration Officer
COOPI is an Italian non-governmental organization, committed to fighting against social injustice and poverty in the global south and to building a future that guarantees everyone adequate living conditions, equal opportunities and respect of their rights.
Since 1965 COOPI has carried out more than 600 development projects and emergency interventions. In Africa, Latin America, Asia and in Eastern Europe COOPI promotes the access to water and the right to proper health and education services in poorer communities, and gives immediate and long-term aid to populations hit by war or natural disasters.
Further information on http://www.coopi.org
KEY RESPONSBILITIES AND ROLES
— Ensure compliance with financial and other requirements set by the Donors and COOPI internal financial and administrative procedures.
— Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling.
— Ensure proper administration for outstanding debtors and creditors, follow-up overdue and signal potential problems in timely manner.
— Produce monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements.
— Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly projects’ financial reports
— Control and assure compliance of program expenditures with program budgets.
— Prepare payment vouchers and verify supporting documents for project and administrative expenditure. Ensure classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the projects and respective budget lines.
— Ensure appropriate filing system of financial documentation is in place, accurate and updated.
— Provide timely and systematic monitoring of program expenditures as well as timely budget program forecasts.
— Prepare, on a monthly basis, financial reports and/or requests to be sent to COOPI Milan HQs.
— Supervise and manage program staff: supervise preparation of contracts for personnel staff. Manage contracts of local and international staff and supervise administration staff.
— Application of mechanisms relative to any on the job training of personnel working on the project.
— Coordinate and supervise overall human resources policy implementation, included Labour Law application, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained.
— Monitor the Country’s Security. Implement the security measure in accordance with the COOPI guidelines and with the Head of Mission.
— Supervise preparation of lease contracts, contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the program. Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked.
— Supervise appropriateness and updating of all procurement documentation at the various steps of the procurement process. Ensure budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place
— Ensure that taxes are timely remitted to relevant authorities.
— Bring-up date the stock inventory.
· University degree in social sciences, business or technical sciences.
· A minimum of three years of relevant working experience.
· Experience in international relief and development in African countries in a similar position
· Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage.
· Previous work experience in Sudan is a plus.
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
· Proven capacity to work in a team is essential. Experience in managing staff is an advantage.
· Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs.
· Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure.
· Experience in working in conflict-prone environments a plus.
· Fluency in English language.
· Computer literate.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
How to apply:
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date