World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
World Vision is looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Grants Accountant (Man or Woman) in its Office, based in Juba
Grants financial reporting:
• Ensure all grants/projects reports are discussed with the project team and passed to donors and support offices within the required time schedule.
• Assist the Grant manager in responding to respective queries from our donors, support offices and internal related ones.
• Ensure high quality standards are maintained in our budget development (proposal, grant and matches) in co-ordination with program personnel.
• Ensure proper co-ordination with our Sub-recipients /Sub-grants and our office and built their capacity where need be in assuring office risk is minimized due to non-compliance with donor regulations. Also ensure timely disbursement of funds to sub-recipients and reporting of the same.
• Analyze grant expenses against the approved budgets and advice Finance manager on potential risk of under/overspending through variance analysis
• Assist the Grant Manager in corresponding with WV support offices and management regarding grants and reporting.
• Assist in preparation and response to both internal and external Audits engagement and queries with duty to advice the management on the level of risk exposure
• Keep track on timely monthly submit of all grants reports for all regions to internal and external users/donors.
• Ensure that all grants documents are well maintained updated and file accordingly.
Project cycle Management:
• Project proposal/budget preparation in regard to compliance issues for all prospective sources of funding.
• Take part in the programme and project performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting in accordance to donor requirements.
• Ensure timely submission of project financial reports and follow up on the project closure-out procedures relating to financial aspects.
Financial accounting & management:
• Observe and monitor all internal control issues around grants.
• Be a key player in the issues of grants accounting and management to ensure fully compliance with our internal and donor requirements.
• Together with other finance team members, participate in responding to internal audit queries.
• Supporting financial accountants on their day to day activities.
• Reviewing of payment vouchers and other journals to ensure proper coding and completeness per required financial standards
• Prepare monthly financial & management reports ensuring that all the data reflected is accurate and correct.
• Build capacity on grants and finance management for Upper Nile staffs;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Grant Finance Manager or Finance & Administration Director.
• MUST be able to spent 25% of his/her time to visit Field Locations in the Upper Nile state;
• Other assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) or any other related degree and/or CPA finalist.
• Must have practical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a thorough knowledge of financial systems and internal financial controls.
• Must have strong Grants experience especially with major donors such as USAID CIDA, ECHO & Multilateral grants and also experience in managing sub-grants.
• Prior experience with World Vision finance & WV systems is preferred.
• Experience with computerized accounting systems, preferably SUN systems, Ms- Word, and Ms-Excel.
• Must possess good communication skills.
• Required a minimum of 3 years working experience, two with an international NGO.
Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
Ability to work under pressure in unstable security and remote environment is an asset.
Perform other duties as required.
APPLICATION & DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
Please send your applications to the: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-south-sudan10 or drop your applications to World Vision South Sudan National Office, Plot 117, Hai Matar, Off Airport Road, Juba.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressed to the People & Culture Director.
- A comprehensive CV
The closing date for applications is December, 2nd , 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The candidate finally selected should comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date