WORK HOURS Full-time; 48 hour workweek
GRADE/SALARY FSN-03 7,529.00/USD
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE VALID PERMISSION TO WORK IN SUDAN
The U.S. Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan is seeking qualified individuals for the
position of Guard at the Regional Security Office (RSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
In the Local Guard Force (LGF) of the Regional Security Office, the incumbent
performs protective uniformed security services to safeguard U.S. Government
personnel and property. The incumbent also generates incident reports,
utilizes security equipment, and participates in security/safety drills and
defensive operations. The incumbent reports directly to a LGF Team Leader.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for
Successful completion of Secondary School (the equivalent of US High
2. Work Experience:
Three (3) years of progressive professional experience in the military,
police, or another capacity that requires attention to detail in
following procedures while being provided minimal supervision.
3. Language Proficiency (Applicants Will be tested as applicable):
English: Level III (Good Working Knowledge)
Arabic: Level III (Good Working Knowledge)
4. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to remain alert during shift for up to 12 hours.
• Ability to comprehend and apply use of force regulations.
• Ability to write concise reports and communicate clearly via phone,
radio, and in person even during stressful situations.
• Ability to work as a member of a large team.
• In order for their applications to be considered, Non-Sudanese
applicants must possess a valid Sudanese visa and work permit before the
closing date of the position vacancy announcement.
• Management will consider nepotism, conflict of interest, budget, and
visa status in determining candidacy.
• Selected candidates must pass a pre-employment medical and security
clearance prior to an offer of employment.
• When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen EFMs and U.S. Veterans are given
All applicants must submit the following:
1. DS-174, Application for Employment available at the U.S. Embassy website
http://sudan.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html, “Job Opportunities”.
• ONLY Application Form DS-174 will be accepted.
• Attach copies of all documentation that confirms your legal
eligibility to work in Sudan
• Applications submitted on any other form will NOT be considered.
2. Completed applications must be received on or before 4:00 PM on the
closing date. Applications received after the closing date and time
will not be considered.
3. Read the instruction for completing the DS-174.
4. Applications may be submitted as follows:
• E-mail: KhartoumHRApplications@state.gov. Submission of applications
via e-mail must include the “Vacancy Number” and “Position Title” on
the subject line.
• By Hand: Application may be delivered to U.S Embassy, Kilo 10 Soba,
Khartoum - Sudan. The application box is located outside the Consular
5. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of
their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date