Health and Nutrition Program Officer
Job Title: Health and Nutrition Program Officer
Section/Unit: Health and Nutrition
Grade Level: SC
Supervisor: GAH, Senior Program& Operation Manager
No. of Post: 1
Duty Station: Khartoum, with frequent travel to the field
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Closing Date: 30 Nov 2015
1- FUNCTIONAL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Health and Nutrition Program Officer will serve as the focal person for the field implementation of the PHC and Nutrition projects within the Global Aid Hand based in Khartoum with frequent travel to the field.
Duties and responsibilities:
A- Program Development and Planning:
• In collaboration with field staff, identify emerging problems and community initiatives relevant for program intervention.
• Take a lead role in the involvement of staff and communities at field level to discuss issues contented with Health& Nutrition for program intervention.
• Ensure that concerns and initiatives from the field constitute the core of Sector Program interventions.
• Actively participate in the design and planning of Sector program interventions.
• Ensure that H&N is mainstreamed in all GAH activities
• Assist with the development of concept papers, and proposals for interventions.
B- H&N Program Implementation, Coordination, and Representation.
• Ensure that all Sector staff members understand the rationale, goal, objectives, and activities of all program interventions.
• Support the Sector to develop quarterly work plans for the Sector, and monthly work plans for staff and ensure that all adhere to plans.
• Work with field staff to ensure proper coordination of Sector activities, and effective integration with other GAH Programs.
• Ensure that the Sector is properly represented at all relevant forums in the IDP camps, host and or other communities.
• Work with field staff to ensure that local authorities and all other relevant stakeholders in the IDP camps, host and or other communities participate fully in program activities.
• Represent the Sector at technical coordination meetings with relevant line Ministries like MoH, or UN Agencies and NGOs as needed.
• Networking with other agencies and experts in the related field
• Ensure that the program is implemented in a consultative, participatory, and gender sensitive manner.
C- Capacity Building
• Assist with the identification of the training needs of national staff, and program beneficiaries in IDPs camps and host/other communities.
• Assist in the design and development of training materials for national staff, and program beneficiaries.
• Identify institutions for short-term local and external staff training.
• Effectively participate in the training of staff and program beneficiaries.
D- Personnel and Financial Management
• Provide technical backstopping to the H&N field staff.
• Organize weekly staff meetings to address both technical and staff welfare issues in collaboration with the Area Coordinator.
• Identify sector program staff interpersonal relationship problems that may affect good working relationships.
• Promote team building and ensure teamwork among field staff with a view to implement planned Sector activities in an effective, efficient and accountable manner through regular team training, meetings and reporting in collaboration with the Area Coordinator
• Work integrally with other GAH sector programmes carry out needs assessments, proposal writing and budgeting
• Work with team to prepare monthly budget forecast for field implementation.
• Assist with recruitment and appraisal of H&N staff, and strengthen their project planning, writing and communication skills.
• Ensure that GAH Financial Procedures and Policies are followed in the utilization of approved budgets for field activities, and are retired promptly.
E- Monitoring, Evaluating, Supervising, and Reporting:
• Work with the team and the M&E Coordinator to design a process monitoring system for each of the components of the H&N programme.
• Carry out regular monitoring using the developed monitoring tools.
• Support the Area Coordinator to develop a Supervisory Protocol for Sector activities, so that it can be used as a supportive supervision tool for improving quality of service delivery.
• Ensure that monitoring, supervision, and monthly reports are prepared for the attention of the Area Coordinator, and assist with donor reporting.
• With the Operations Manager and M & E Coordinator evaluate the impact of the program at mid-term and end of program.
• Undertake extra tasks as required by the supervisors
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education: University Degree in Health, Nutrition, or related field.
Experience: Practical experience of at least 5 years.
Language(s): Fluency in English (oral and written), as well as Arabic language.
Good knowledge and experience in programme management. Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility.
Experience in project coordination, monitoring, documentation and proposal and report writing
Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours, and capability to work in insecure environment
Available to travel to the field
Recommended knowledge and experience:
Children’ Rights /child rights programming
Health and nutrition in emergencies
Familiarity with international standards and guidelines on implementing Health Programs in Emergencies
Our website: http://globalaidhand.org
To Apply, send CV to:
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date