Human Resources Officer
Duty Station: Juba, Central Equatoria State, South Sudan
Contract: 6 months, renewable
Salary: according to NGO salary scale and experience
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is an international NGO working in South Sudan since 2007.
CUAMM’s aim is to improve maternal, neonatal and child health, through a comprehensive
approach of health system strengthening considering communities, health facilities and
hospitals as interlinked elements. Currently, CUAMM’s operating areas are in Lakes and
Western Equatoria States.
CUAMM is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position Human Resources Officer to
be based in Juba
The Human Resources Officer develops and puts into practice the overall HRM strategy,
policies and procedures, and deliver suitable HR solutions that lead to organizational
success. The HR Manager ensures that the organization vision, mission, values and targets
are communicated clearly to all employees, providing them with all the information they
need to synchronize their actions with the organizations objectives. The position will be
responsible for certain decision making in day to day management of the HR operations.
The incumbent will be expected to adhere to system and processes for smooth functioning
of various facets of HR. S/he will be helping in effective execution of all the HR activities like
recruitment, orientation and induction, performance management, staff development and
training and compensation management.
S/he supports senior and mid-level management in managing all processes and interactions
to develop, attract, retain and enhance performance without sacrificing compliance with
CUAMM policies, systems and procedures in all areas of human resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement, and as necessary propose revisions to, the HR policy and procedures for
national staff to ensure compliance with local labor laws, and to ensure these are
clearly understood by staff.
2. Lead the recruitment process and induction for new staff, and manage contract
extensions for existing staff.
3. Maintain oversight to ensure the proper, legal and efficient administration of
payroll, allowances and taxation calculations, and of the leave register.
4. Support senior management to plan HR requirements including rationalizing and
resizing current positions where necessary.
5. Review salary scales, work together with survey agency and/or other organizations
for salary review.
6. Support managers to undertake performance appraisals and to manage disciplinary
and other issues relating to their direct reports.
7. Develop a professional development plan based on needs identified from the
performance appraisal process.
8. Provide leadership and advice on employee relations and manage the staff
grievance system and disciplinary proceedings.
9. Ensure proper maintenance and confidentiality of personnel files and provide an
updated record regularly.
10. Maintain current staffing lists and organizational charts.
11. Build networks with other HR professionals to maintain currency in professional HR
practices and legislation.
12. Arrange, together with the logistician, the mobility of staff for leaves/R&R, official
13. Monitor wellbeing conditions of the staff deployed in remote conflict areas.
14. Provide HR report on regular basis.
• Degree /Diploma in Human resources management, with a focus on the
EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES
• At least 2 years’ experience in the area of Human Resources Management within an
• Previous working experience in humanitarian contexts. Knowledge of South Sudan
will be considered as an asset
• Experience with talent development and management
• Knowing of and experience in the area of matters concerning staff and social
legislations and regulations
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and diplomatic skills
• Self-motivation and initiative
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English. Knowledge of Italian will be
• Ability to work with medium supervision
• Availability to move for short field missions
• Team building attitude
HOW TO APPLY
1. Interested Candidates are requested to submit their Updated CV and cover letter
NOT later than December 30 to: CUAMM HR Dept: firstname.lastname@example.org
specifying in the object CUAMM/SS/HR
2. The position is open only to South Sudanese national
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications submitted will not be
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date