Plot No 38, Block 39, Hai Malakal Residential Area
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org: Tel
Juba, Republic of South Sudan
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Logistics Officer – Juba 60%, Field 40%
Apply to Email: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
VSF Germany is an international Non Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. VSF Germany supports in animal health, livestock related agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, capacity development of communities and governmental institutions, peace and conflict resolution with the ultimate aim of food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of South Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia. The regional office is based in Nairobi and the South Sudan office in Juba. Presently, Juba supports projects in various counties in Jonglei State, Upper Nile Sate, Lakes State, Warrap State and Western Bahr el Ghazal State.
The position is responsible for effective application of organisational policies and procedures by employing logistics principles so as to contribute to the achievement of VSF-Germany programming objectives at country level. The position is responsible for five national and fifteen field support personnel and reports to the Country Director.
1. Observation, effective and efficient application of organisation, government, partnership and donor policies and procedures at all times in logistical processes of the organisation;
2. Effective and efficient management of transport and distribution of organisation assets, goods and personnel;
3. Contribute to operational value addition in input and services procurement through due diligence, productive forecasting and implementation;
4. Proactive and value adding management of contracts, internal and external;
5. Demonstrated promotion of the values of the organisation, donors and partners.
1. Ability to translate the position responsibility and accountabilities into actionable plans and outputs;
2. Academic qualification of at least diploma level in logistics or closely related discipline;
3. Practical experience in implementation of logistical functions at national level for no less than two years;
4. Demonstrated experience of effective management of international as well as national air and road transport functions in humanitarian and development organisations;
5. Operational knowledge and experience of South Sudan logistics adds value;
6. Experience in management of cold and pharmaceutical supply chains is essential.
Posting Location and duration
• The position is based in Juba 60% and 40% travel to field locations in Warrap, GUN locations as well as Pibor
• The field location have basic accommodation facilities
• Security alertness is highly desired in these locations
• Initially it will ran for 12 months from February 2016, and may be renewed depending on performance and funding
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV to: address or via email addresses provided above. Indicate on the subject the Job Title. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving applications is 21 – 01 2016 on or before 16.00hrs. Qualified South Sudanese are highly encouraged
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date