National Technical Advisor
The implementation of Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Forest Degradation Project (REDD+) in forestry sector is a major and necessary tactic in the fight against climate change. This has led to the development of frame work called REDD+. REDD+ is an effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries, and promote forest conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of forest carbon stocks. REDD+ will play an important role in Sudan’s development path, as forests hold an important place in the country’s culture, history, environment and economy. The Government of the Republic of Sudan has received a USD 3.8 million grant from the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF), which will be administered by the World Bank/IDA, to implement the Sudan REDD+ Readiness Preparations.
REDD+ Project is seeking motivated candidate with appropriate experience for the following position:
Position Name: National Technical Advisor – Duty Station: Khartoum
The Technical Advisor (TA) working to provide the technical support to the REDD+ Unit aims at fast track the implementation of the REDD+ components of all consultancies and studies stipulated in the REDD+ Assessment Note. TA will be responsible for providing and ensuring satisfactory implementation process by facilitating the work of the government and international/national experts and coordinating, delivering training and capacity building support, communicating and organizing training events with relevant stakeholders.
Under the supervision of the REDD+ Readiness Preparation Project Coordinator, the Technical Advisor would undertake the following tasks:
• Develop the terms of references for the working groups and review the already done, also review the terms of references of all studies & consultancies according to the needs.
• Review and comment on all studies and consultancies reports before publication, and prepare the brief to the steering committee and TAC
• Develop, prepare and review the topics for media about REDD+ Programme when needed.
• Following and evaluation the studies and consultancies according to TORs
• Review the quarterly and Mid-term report to FCPF according to the FCPF format
• Review and evaluate the reports from sub-national, working groups and attend the meetings of steering and technical advisory committees and provide support and clarification If needed.
• Advice and assist in all Readiness activities during the implementation
• Ensure the achievement of the challenge and review, refine the data and information before uploaded to the website
• Provide technical support on all activities of the national forest inventory, development of land monitoring system based on data collected (satellite imagery, technical measurements etc..
• Facilitate and provide technical advises during the meeting of steering committee and technical advisory committee if needed
• Provide and advise eon organizing meetings and review the agenda and refine the minutes, ensure the implementation of the recommendations and provide technical input to office and field –based training events
• Ensue timely preparation and submission of required reports, including technical financial and other requested reports
• Perform others coordinating tasks as appropriate for the successful implementation of the project in accordance with project document
• Perform other technical and operational Sudan REDD+ Readiness Preparation Project’s duties as necessary in cooperation with REDD+ unit staff
Qualifications, Attributes and Conditions of Employment:
Education and Experience:
• Basic Qualification MSc and Above in Sustainable Forest Management and Related Fields
• Minimum Experiences in forestry sector not less than 10 years
• Minimum Experiences in REDD+ process not less than 2 years
• Good understanding in climate change and process of REDD+ under; World Bank, UNFCCC and UNREDD
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Computer literacy in the use of MS package
• Field experience in a developing county is required
Technical/ Functional competencies:
• The TA should be a leader and Team Worker/Builder
• S/He should possess excellent management skills, and will be able to deploy these in a multicultural setting, wills/ He should have capacity to lead teams and inspire hem to work together to achieve stretching objectives
• S/He should be a planner and organizer/decision-maker, and should have excellent judgment development, wills/He should be able to set clear priorities within a boundless and often challenging agenda with tight deadlines
• S/He should have an Analytical skills, analytical ability and thorough understanding of the socio-economic issues as well as the capacity to lead specific analytical work
Languages and other skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic is essential
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and electronic communications
• Experience in GIS/Remote sensing and database manipulation would be an added value
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter indicating the position, copies of certificate and full CV’s to the following address before Sunday 28/1/2016
Forests National Corporation Building
P.O. Box 658 Khartoum – Sudan
Fax:00249 83 472659
Applications can be sent to the following E-mail: email@example.com
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date