Senior Logistics/Admin Officer
Job Title: Senior Logistics/Admin Officer
Line Management: Head of Office
Contract type: Fixed Term
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. We partner with civil society, local media and governments to:
• Produce creative programmes based on robust research in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
• Strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Senior Logistics/Admin Officer will be tasked with facilitating all the local operation of the office, including management of assets, maintenance of the office, procurement, and general office administration. The position will demand a highly motivated, detailed oriented individual who will be able to solve challenges as they arise. He/she will be required to improve current systems from knowledge and experienced gained through your experience in this area ideally within an International Agency.
• To manage the BBC Media Action procurement policy and procedures Ensuring that BBC Media Action receives quality goods and services at the most competitive prices/rates
• Responsible for the management of the country Programme supplies and procurement to include requisition and purchase orders, storage and stock control systems, tax exemption and import permits
• Ensure that supporting documents are obtained and kept in order for auditing purposes.
• Coordinate with the clearing agents regarding the proper clearing of goods from customs.
• Initiate payments for all procurements
• Preparation of all supplier information and ensure the file is up to date
Warehousing and logistics
• To work closely with the Human Resource and Operations Manager and Cashier to ensure that BBC Media Action programme is cost effective, efficient and complies with the organisational standards of management and accountability. To ensure that all Logistic systems are implemented and programmes support functions are reviewed and improve where as required.
• To manage the storage of assets, equipment and supplies to include stock registers, stock counts, order limits/levels,
• Making assessments for the logistic needs of new projects
• Manage and track all agency assets including as database, tagging and registration, movement and transfers
• Responsible for all matters relating to fleet management such as maintenance schedules, routine checks, log books, car bookings, use of fuel, pre-planning transport needs, support and advice for any trips both inside and outside Juba
• Vehicle and vehicle movement security to include radio procedures, and anti-theft measures, use of taxis and/or rental vehicles
• Responsible for all matters relating to generator management such as maintenance schedules, routine checks, log books
• To manage the overall direction of logistic in Juba office and field areas.
General Office Administration
• Assist in dealing with different government offices such as the Ministry of charities and societies, Immigration for work and residence permit.
• To act as the main contact for all issues related to ITC with support from London and service providers. To include; computers, printers, Sat phones, Radios, Mobile phones,
• Responsible for the Drivers schedule
• To act as the main contact and to Liaise with the Landlords / service providers to ensure that maintenance or repairs are carried out
• Working with the HR department assist to ensure that all staff have the necessary visas, permissions, and work permits to reside and work in South Sudan and that these remain valid and up-to-date and that all visitors have proper work permits
Health and Safety
• Take responsibility for Health & Safety issues in all BBC Media Action properties in South Sudan and – in conjunction with BBC Safety Officers – ensure best practice and compliance with BBC guidelines.
• Ensure that all staff remains aware of current BBC health and safety issues and procedures.
• Ensure that Health & Safety equipment in the office remains up-to-date and relevant staff are trained in use of this equipment – especially fire extinguishers, first aid equipment and security systems.
• Lead the Operations team, ensuring systems are in place for its effective operation, including scheduling, workplans, 1:1s and appraisals, and departmental performance review meetings
• To ensure that the log assistant, admin assistant, drivers and the office cleaner are working to maximise and increase their capacity
• To work closely with the contracted security company to support the supervision of the security Guards to ensure minimum security standards are met
• To support the Country Director to deliver security plans
• Responsible for all reservations/bookings of venues, accommodations (hotels) for visitors, consultants, trainings etc.
• Ensure full compliance with South Sudan law and regulations including ensuring BBC Media Action is properly registered and legally compliant.
• Advise Country Director and others as appropriate on legislative changes that may affect BBC Media Action’s operations.
• Negotiate and manage all property leases and other contracts and agreements, ensuring that these comply with local law and regulations.
Person Specification - required knowledge, skills and experience
• A suitable higher level education beyond secondary school
• Should be able to demonstrate skills of
o Managing supplies.
o Team support
o Good Juba contacts
• At least 3 years of experience with International Agencies or other related.
• Proven experience of system management and the use of appropriate tools and reporting formats
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Simple Arabic
• Ability to work on Microsoft word and excel is mandatory.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Creative thinking and the ability to find solutions and execute them.
• Ability to make sound judgements in stressful and conflict situations
• Excellent communications skills
• High degree of personal organization and ability to build relations
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to manage and mentor staff
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
• Strong team player; able to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate patience to team members
This position is open to persons who have the right to work in South Sudan only. BBC Media Action is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidate should send his/her application and CV to:
BBC.MA.Recuritment@gmail.com or Hand delivery, addressed to:
Human Resource Manager,
BBC Media Action South Sudan Office
Next to Rainbow Hotel, along Kololo US Embassy Road
Deadline for submission of application is 22nd January 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Minimum experience
- Added date
- Apply date